Friday, August 19, 2016

Aussie Trip {Part 10} Thirty or Thirty-Eight Degrees?!

I spent an extended weekend in Port Macquarie with Uncle Simon and Aunty Dee, and Nathan, Kimberley, and Liam, and wow it flew by so fast! We kept things pretty relaxing which was nice. Uncle Simon and Aunty Dee had visited NZ briefly in April for Uncle Pete and Aunty Louise's wedding, but we didn't have much of a chance to talk; and it had been 10 1/2 years since I last saw Nath and Kim. I think I said already that this was the first time Liam and I had met. So it was nice to keep things pretty low-key and have plenty of time to talk and catch up. 

A heat wave hit Port Macquarie the weekend I was down (#perfecttiming) so I think we had upwards of 30 degrees nearly every day, although the mornings and evenings were still a bit chilly. It was so nice to be able to have most of our meals outside, or just sit out there talking, reading, or emailing home lol.

: : Liam and koala : :
Port Macquarie has a whole trail of these koalas apparently,
although we only saw a couple when we went out for ice cream and a walk one night
guess I'll put that on the list for next time I'm over. ;)

: : Old well I think?! : : 
We went to the beach a couple of times and it gets warm just sitting there! Snapchat said it was 38 degrees or something one day I think, although I'm not sure that's 100% accurate. I inadvertently got a head start on my tan for the summer . . . hooray for natural-coloured stockings for church lol. ;P

: : Playing with his new Lego : :

: : Kimberley (right) and a friend : :





No comments:

Post a Comment