Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Aussie Trip {Part 20} Australia Zoo!!

As much as I love animals, there are some I prefer to keep my distance from. Such as large reptiles. Regardless, I loved watching Steve Irwin on TV when I was little! I remember when his sudden death rocked the world; we never normally knew the faces on the magazines displayed in nearly every store, but even we were shocked and upset by the news. I'm not sure I ever really thought about visiting the focal point of the Irwins' work, but when Uncle Richard mentioned Australia Zoo as being an option for a good touristy type visit, I jumped at the chance! I haven't counted the exact number of photos I took, but they will be coming in several sets. ;)

We were a little unsure of the weather when we got up the day of our trip: overcast with light rain. On the way up we got caught in torrential rain -- we were on the phone to Uncle Richard at one point and couldn't hear him over the sound of the downpour! I think things were clearing by the time we arrived, and we ended up with clear skies and more typical Aussie weather lol.

: : Apparently these are known as water dragons : :
They were just about EVERYWHERE! When I first saw one wandering around I thought it must have escaped its enclosure somewhere :P






: : Looks a little stiff : :

: : Just casually wandering around on the path : :

: : HEADLINE NEWS: AUSSIE CROC ATTACKS JAGO DINO?! : :

: : Reckon I'd rather not come across one of these in the wild, even if they are just small ones! : :

No comments:

Post a Comment